It's that time again when the summer nearly over my thoughts turn to Winter :-)
Six glorious days skiing and boarding - who can say no.
Somewhere in France - most likely Val Thorens for a few reasons.
- The highest resort in the French Alps sits at 2300m and has guarenteed snow.
- There are over 600km of slopes with 330 runs catering for complete beginers to super advanced.
- It's possible to ski/board to and from your chalet.
- The price is usually unbeatable.
The accommodation will be basic but who cares when the snow is so good.
Expected costs are:
400-500 euro for Accom + 6 day Lift pass.
200euro for transport. (incl petrol, winter tyres, toll charges)
The more people we have the cheaper it becomes !
This calculation includes all the hidden costs (discovered during last years trip) - the final amount may depend on how soon we book and the availability of transport but this should be pretty accurate.
For transport *I* am planning to drive but train tkts are available on the Thalys from Amsterdam CS.
I'm going to start sorting the accomodation SOON before the prices go up, so if you're coming don't delay in letting me know.
- Your full Name & date of Birth?
- Do you require ski/board rental? (this costs extra). If so you can choose which package :Basic, Intermetiate or Expert.
- Do you want Cancellation insurance?
- Do you want travel insurance?
- Do you want to travel by car or train. (N.B If you are wanting to go by train you will have to sort out your own tickets.)
- If you are travelling by car - do you drive? Do you have access to a car?
Don't delay - the longer you wait the more expensive it becomes.